Dayton Comestibles is thrilled and honored to have our Dayton Comestibles Corn Whiskey Mustard recognized as a winner of the 2016 Ohio Signature Food Contest! Presented by The Center for Innovative Food Technology and the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, the Ohio Signature Food Contest showcases the best new food product concepts submitted by new food entrepreneurs in Ohio.
The contest, begun in 2008 as a regional competition, is now statewide, and attracts as many as 100 entries. The prize is just about everything an entrepreneur needs to turn their food concept into a commercially distributed product.
In addition to bragging rights (which are considerable), we have earned the following services to help us take our whiskey mustard to market:
- Product and process development assistance
- Nutritional analysis
- Shelf life/stability testing
- Trademark and copyright review
- Coordination with Ohio Department of Agriculture for label approval
- Label design, packaging, and ingredient source references
- Free attendance at training seminars
Working with CIFT and the Northern Ohio Cooperative Kitchen (NOCK), we will be creating commercial-quality samples of the mustard following local, state and federal health regulations for market research and consumer preference testing.